Do you love Cosumnes River Preserve?
Are you passionate about the outdoors or nature?
Do you enjoy teaching others about the things you love?
Whether you answered yes to any of these questions, you may just be a GREAT fit for our Volunteer Naturalist Team!
Volunteer Naturalists are the heart of our Visitor Center and public access programs.
What do Naturalists do?
- Help run the Visitor Center on weekends, helping visitors by asking questions on flora, fauna, and the history of the Preserve.
- Help lead guided hikes and paddling events.
- Attend and share about the Preserve at outreach events.
- Have opportunities to participate in special restoration projects in areas of the Preserve not accessible to the public.
- Gain knowledge and learn more about our local ecosystems.
- Have fun and meet other awesome volunteers!
Thanks to these amazing volunteers, we are able to keep the Visitor Center (when not restricted by COVID-19) open every weekend and holidays throughout the year! Volunteer Naturalists have a commitment requirement to volunteer for at least 1 year, volunteering for at least 10 4-hour shifts.
These 4-hour shifts can be done in our Visitor Center on weekends OR at outreach events.
Interested in participating??
Join us for our Winter 2022 Training!
In-person meetings would be held on February 12, 19, 26, 2022 from 11am-2pm (lunch provided).
Participants wil have training videos to watch at home during the week leading up to each in-person meeting.
This is a course, so you much be able to attend every training date.