Interested in volunteering with Cosumnes River Preserve?
There are many opportunities for you to volunteer your time!
1. Volunteer Naturalist
- Staff the Visitor Center on Weekends
- Lead nature walks
- Guide paddling tours
- Assist with bird and other wildlife surveys
- Help with outreach events
- Work on other special projects!
*To become a Volunteer Naturalist you must attend one of the Preserve’s Volunteer Naturalist Training’s which are offered a few times each year. Our Winter 2020 session is FULL. Please fill out the application below and check back to find out dates for the Summer training.
2. Habitat Restoration Team
- Meeting on scheduled Saturdays from 9am-3:30pm
- Works on special conservation projects
- Can participate in special trainings and workshops
- Learn about land management
- Meet other volunteers with a passion for the outdoors!
- No Volunteer Naturalist training required, you will be guided by a Preserve Staff member
***HRT workdays are limited to participants 18years of age or older***
To participate, check out our upcoming workdays:
*A little more information about the Habitat Restoration Team:
The Habitat Restoration Team (HRT) is an opportunity like none other; open to those who are looking to be devoted environmental stewards. HRT assists Preserve staff with focused conservation projects that allow members to experience some of the most natural and rugged parts of the Preserve. They venture off at least twice a month to complete a variety of projects using a variety of tools, from lopper’s and shovels to weed whackers and chainsaws. Specialized training’s and workshops are offered to HRT volunteers. This activity allows members to grow personally, as well as offering practical work experience for future natural resource management professionals. If you’re interested in particpating in an HRT workday, all you need to do is show up to one of the scheduled days.
3. Special Volunteer Projects
We also have a variety of Special Volunteer Projects that vary throughout the year!
Our upcoming project is the Swallow Box Monitoring Team.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about these opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at:
email@example.com or by calling 916-684-2816