For the safety of the general public and Preserve staff, Cosumnes River Preserve has closed the Visitor Center and suspended all guided hikes, paddles, and volunteer activities until further notice. The Preserve trails, parking lots, and boat launch are still OPEN. For hours and information click here.
When recreating, we recommend you follow local and CDC guidelines.
- If you or someone you live with are sick, please stay at home.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands frequently, before and after entering the Preserve. If you can, please bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Try to limit touching railings and other surfaces that others may touch if not necessary.
- Keep a distance in the parking lots, at the restrooms, and on the trails of at least 6 feet from all others around you. Also, please pass people on the trail with caution. Move over to the side or turn from them when you pass.
- Follow all Preserve rules. You can find them HERE.
- Have a backup plan: if the Preserve seems crowded or parking lots are full, look for another place to go or come back another day.
- You can find more about COVID-19 on the CDC website HERE.